Saturday, November 29, 2008

BLUES WITH LEW JONES



LEW JONES

In early 2000 I began work on my CD 'Sublimation' with Curt Cobain's mentor Jeremy Wilson from the Dharma Bums. That alone got the CD press. It was finished in late 2002 with a huge crowd at Conan's Pub. A media success and several songs radio ready to be hits. The other Cd released was a live acoustic set recorded by Josh Ellison of Living Room Records. It was called "American Folkie' and did very well with fans local and overseas thanks to the track "Summer's Ghost" which made The Rainbow Sampler aka Poet Man Records out of Kentucky. I received requests from Australia, New Zealand, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France and great deal of international airplay. In 2003 I opened for Buddy Guy and Los Lobos at the Maryhill Amphitheatre. During all this time I went to France, Germany, Switzerland, Greece and Turkey as well as Canada to play. Paris was my favorite especially the 2nd visit. I am currently working on Volume 2 of American Folkie and play weekends at various venues. In 2004 I began to teach guitar at the Multnomah Art Center. I re-released 5 projects onto CD. In 2005 one of the projects The Last Sunset on a Treetop Serenade was received so well that the first song was included on the Rainbow Sampler Volume 23 soon to be out.

Location: Saturday, November 29th, 2008: from 7:30 to 10:30pm.
Vinideus in Beaumont - 4759c NE Fremont - Portland, OR 97213 - tel: 503 284 2795

Map it!


FREE WINE TASTING from 5:30 to 7:30 pm

No comments: